View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 02:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Exactly.

I love Franco and Rollin films, i'm not going to be hypocritical and say their films would be better off without any sex or nudity.

So just as Shel says it all depends on the genre of horror we intend to watch. You don't need exploitation in The Others however if you watched The Nude Vampire you'd feel a little short changed without the exploitative elements.
I wouldn't argue against these well observed points Shel and yourself have given (That i would also give IF i were trying to watch exploitation flicks at home) i would say exploitation is a genre with Horror being a sub with in it's ranks.

so this poll is just your opinion on average straightforward horror films. try to avoid going to far from the path of your general horror - EG: Friday 13th skinny dipping scene sort of nudity.

I'm asking if you feel Funhouse needed to have a tent in it's many tents of the carnival with nipple tassel dancing... not weather or not Argento should be making his actresses wear burka's in all of this films.

i will leave censorship to those who feel they have sh*t that smells better than everyone elses. (BBFC) this poll has an alternative point to make (if it doesn't translate as different i haven't explained myself well enough)