View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This post from member Projectscoop over on Blu Ray.Com:

" This version of Shivers released by Arrow is not uncut when compared to the Image Entertainment dvd release. I received my Arrow blu ray of Shivers today and compared it to the Image dvd. The sequence where Dr. Linsky (Joe Silver) is at Nicholas Tudor's aparment is shorter on the Arrow version as described in the two instances below:

Missing on the Arrow version is Dr. Linksy pushing Mr. Tudor against the refrigerator and saying "Get off me".

The scene where Mr. Tudor is shown shoving the parasites into Dr. Linsky's mouth has been shortened by about 4-5 seconds on the Arrow version. What is missing is the beginning of this scene which shows Tudor pulling the parasites off of Dr. Linsky's face and trying to put them in his own mouth. Tudor then takes the parasites from his mouth and is shown shoving them into Dr. Linsky's mouth. This missing 4-5 seconds has a big impact in my opinion, as it always stuck in my mind and really put the scene over the top.

This all came about when Shivers premiered on Netflix a few days ago before I received my Arrow blu ray. After watching it on Netflix, it seemed like something was missing in the scene with Tudor and Dr. Linsky. After a long search I found my Image Entertainment dvd of Shivers. I viewed the scene in question and my suspicions were confirmed. Since the Netflix version had the Lionsgate logo at the beginning I was concerned that the Arrow version (which I knew had the Lionsgate logo) would be the edited version also. And of course it was.

Without regard to picture quality comparisons between the Image dvd and Arrow blu ray, I feel cheated on content. I paid a lot in USD for the steelbook from Arrow and did not get the uncut version. A subsequent search on Movie-Censorship.com addressed the same missing seconds comparing German and Dutch VHS versions. I also checked out dvdcompare.net and it states the Arrow blu ray is uncut. I disagree and would like to know if Arrow can gain access to the cut scenes and reissue the blu ray using an exchange program for those who have already purchased it. "