View Single Post
Old 16th October 2014, 09:52 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

FIGHT CHURCH. A documentary on Christian mixed martial artists! I really enjoyed this look at the rise of kick arse pastors in the USA who use the cage to spread the word of God. All come across as genuine and sincere in their beliefs both as fighters and Christians. However there is another documentary to be made from this following the life of one gun slinging pastor who believes the church has become girly and only through violence in every day life can we have a better world! Rather tellingly his church doesn't use the normal cross but the equal armed T cross beloved of the American uber far right.

WE ARE THE BEST! F*ck yeah, a film that lives up to it's title. Slim on plot, this is a fantastic character study of three 13 year old girls who form a punk band in the early 80s. Ditching all the politics of marginalisation and social commentary that usually swallow up most films about punk, this concentrations on friendship and belonging. Charming, funny and awkward, director Lukas Moodysson's film really resonated with me as I was a thirteen year old punk in the early 80s, something that has stayed with me and shaped my life ever since. Highly recommended.