View Single Post
Old 28th November 2014, 05:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw Interstellar a couple of weeks ago and was engrossed from first minute to last, with my brain occasionally playing catch up and trying to figure out what was actually taken place. That's not a bad thing because I sometimes like to be challenged by films, made to think, ponder the bigger picture and exercise the grey matter.

I agree about the score and cinematography, which are both brilliant, but I had no problem with the length as it never felt long – always the sign of a good film. Guardians of the Galaxy is certainly a great deal more fun, and I think I'll need to see Interstellar a couple more times to make a proper judgement on where it stands amongst Christopher Nolan's other films but, at the moment, it is one of the best films I've seen at the cinema this year and the only one which has made me cry! (It's the first since WALL-E to have that effect on me as well.)

Both Guardians of the Galaxy and Interstellar will be in my collection at some point, but I've spent so much on Criterion Collection BDs at Barnes and Noble and recently in the Black Friday sales that the former will have to wait, probably until January.
To be honest I had no problems following Interstellar. Just thought it got rather silly and lost its way a little. I guess that's what edged GOG ahead for me, consistancy.

Certainly i'm glad I went to see nightcrawler before interstellar, the superior film so far this winter season (though i'm holding out for foxcatcher)