View Single Post
Old 26th September 2009, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
My commendations to Rick for a sterling job and for retaining much of the style of the poster - but I'm afraid I'm not a fan of this.
If the original poster artwork (or similar) can be included then that will be great. Hopefully I'm in the minority but - apologies, it just doesn't work for me.
I agree with you regarding Rick's artwork.

Some of his paintings are not too bad and his illustrations for the Dawn Blu-Ray and SNDN i really do like the look of. They're both very easy on the eye and get the job done imo.

However, there's a certain 'fan boy' (for lack of a less controversial term) quality to some (NOT all) of Rick's other artwork that i just can't quite get to grips with. No offence to the artist in question as he definitely has talent and i certainly couldn't paint with the same skill or wield a brush any better.

Rest assured my apologies if any of these comments are a touch too close to the bone as i truly don't mean for this post to upset anybody here, especially Rick himself!

I think a reverse sleeve for Arrow's SNDN DVD would be fine and acceptable boasting Rick's perfectly suitable illustration on one side and the popular 'Santa-climbing-down-the-chimney-with-an-axe-in-his-hand' (whew!) variety adorning the other cover.

I'm quite looking forward to this release now, actually despite not being familiar with the film!

Any idea if Arrow's edition will top the ABUS version for extras as i've been thinking of buying the U.S. DVD of SNDN as well as the U.K. equivalent.