View Single Post
Old 14th December 2014, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

WARNING: SYCOPHANTIC PETER JACKSON FAN AND HOBBIT REVIEW. lol.

The Hobbit: Battle of five armies.
Somethings in life you get or you don't - Marmite, blue cheese, olives and so on... the reason i mention these 'like them or don't' things is because Shakespear is the same, for a part of my life he was a boring chore who wrote crap books but then i saw an indie production at a small theatre of Richard III and it just made sense - it blew me away and i loved it. basicaly Shakespear writes in parts, you don't take the whole peice but instead he feeds you clumps of events and then at the end we see it all tied up and nealty resolved in an entertaining way... (in my opinion)

Taking that example of a long story that is great in one sitting but enjoyed in small peices, i can to tell you the the hobbit part 3 might be nearly a perfect film (maybe perfect for just me but still i have a flow here). Jackson entertains us with the demise of smaug, tells us about the dwarfs and the arkenstone, tells us about the lake people and the elfs, and we continue to be fed small chunks of good story telling that all lead to one conclusion. Such a satisfying film to enjoy like a large meal of lots of nice tasting things that you eat in seperate segments because the meal is so good as a whole but also individually as single ingredients.

IF you find yourself enjoying Tolkien then you really won't want to miss this film on the big screen. Such a brilliant film! Honestly blew me away. Loved it! Loved IT! LOVED IT!

If you don't like Tolkien or the films then i apologise for the over the top review and hope you enjoy other movies as much as i enjoyed this film and series.

*On a seperate note, i really hope JAckson pays homage to the fans like myself who bought several copies of bad taste/brain dead/meet the feebles and actually goes back to these films and uses some of that fat loot from his middle earth films to shower his back catalgoue with some love. imagine having the cast of bad taste for a documentary and maybe a meet the feebles documentary... i hope he does...