View Single Post
Old 16th December 2014, 08:29 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

the-slayer-poster.jpg

Two couples go on vacation on a remote Island for some relaxation and a spot of fishing. One of the woman Kay is more than reluctant to go to the island after she has some disturbing nightmares before they set off. As soon as they land a strange feeling of deja vu comes over her making her feel like she has been to this place before. Apart from the house they are staying at the only other building seems to be the old cinema which having never seen it before was the exact same cinema Kay painted after one of her nightmares. Kay continues to be plagued by nightmare of death and gruesome murders and soon her nightmares become reality when the monster in her dreams what Kay calls "The Slayer" starts to kill.

When Kay sleeps people DIE.

The Slayer is a great film i loved it from start to finish. There is plenty of atmosphere and the remote setting gives a feeling of being alone , helpless and being trapped with no where to run. There are some great kills on show here and some are very creative the fishing hooks was my favourite. The acting is strong and there is some great music. While watching it one line hit me and started me thinking. The line "just stay awake" straight away made me think of A Nightmare On Elm Street did this film inspire Wes Craven ?

Highly Recommended. I hope this gets a Blu Ray release sometime.