View Single Post
Old 27th December 2014, 10:36 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

THE DORM. Made for TV bilge that rips off and riffs off Rosemary's Baby and The Tenant which sounds great but this is a long trip to snoozeland with no buffet car.

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2. Like the first one with added dog and baby. This is a lean, well made exercise in jump cinema that reminded me of engineering rather than any form of art. I enjoyed it.

FRIDAY 13th PART 7. Bonkers shit with a girl who can not only move shit with her mind, she can also resurrect the dead! It worked for Jesus but doesn't seem so effective here with Jason.

FRIDAY 13th PART 8. Loved all the rat infested New York tomfoolery that book end this late entry into the series that goes all Swallows and Amazons on a boat. I'm never sure on a film that has a dog in it as the most sympathetic character.

DAMNED BY DAWN. Sort of an Irish EVIL DEAD set in Australia with a ton of dry ice and CGI fog cloaking almost every scene . I especially like the scene where the awful CGI flying dead kind of plopped into a car windscreen looking for all the world like horse shit being thrown against a wall.

HALLOWEEN 6. Gleefully mad in every sense of the word and hugely enjoyable.

TOWER BLOCK. A sniper is killing the residents on the top floor of a tower block. It you set aside the reveal on who the killer is and how the hell he set all of this up in one night, this is a pretty impressive little thriller that is worth a look.

MY BABYSITTER IS A VAMPIRE. Sub Buffy comedy aimed squarely at the pre-teen market that myself and the girl MTDS both enjoyed. We are presently working our way through the spin off TV show which ain't so good but the little MTDSs are enjoying.

HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN. I was forced to watch this with the boy MTDS as it is rated 15 and he is only 7, so that I could stop it if I felt it was unsuitable. It's PG at best and boring as hell and takes well over half it's running time before shit blows up. We broke the boredom by taking in turns giving each other dead arms.

GOOD BURGER. Jesus wept.

MY SOUL TO TAKE. He's still crying.

SNAKEHEAD SWAMP. Pass him a hankie.