View Single Post
Old 1st February 2015, 03:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ron if put on the spot what would you say are your five favourite soundtracks?
Difficult to just pin down five,Ill Ignore Goblin because there overrated (joke) and Ill just have two Ennio because he must of scored nearly 90% of every film John Williams didn't do,which leaves me with these five for now.

Fistfull of Dollars was the film I watched as a kid where i realised the score it self had a life of its own,and forever played my soundtrack i got from Woolworths as a kid.
[AllCDCovers]_a_fistful_of_dollars_2004_retail_cd-front.jpg

Boy did I ever feel stupid when I realized Morricone did the score for The Thing,um it sounds just like Carpenter to me.
[AllCDCovers]_ennio_morricone_the_thing_1991_retail_cd-front.jpg

On the whole im no fan of classical music but when all synthed up by Wendy Carlos it aint halve bad after all.I had the soundtrack years before i had even seen the movie,and the poster too.
[AllCDCovers]_wendy_carlos_clockwork_orange_2000_retail_cd-front.jpg

John Harrison has to be the best horror movie composer who is'nt italian,Creepshow is the sound of EC Comics alive.
[AllCDCovers]_john_harrison_michael_abelson_peter_hiidall_ron_creepshow_2003_retail_cd-front.jpg

Without this John Barry theme tune i don't think this film would of been as successful.
john barry the ipcress file 1.jpg