View Single Post
Old 5th February 2015, 06:52 AM
Cult Addict

Thief.

Sets the style and tone for Director Michael Mann's subsequent films. Precise framing of beautifully composed shots, methodical attention to detail including an almost forensic examination of the criminal acts. A lead character who is both a dedicated perfectionist at his field while at the same time flawed in almost every other aspect of his life and an ambient/rock soundtrack, here from Tangerine dream. Thief is an excellent movie from beginning to end and Arrows Blu-ray is excellent.

Ginger clown.

Seriously, is it possible to NOT want to watch a film with this title. Its apparently the first Hungarian horror movie to be shot in 3D (and then released to DVD with no 3D) A bunch of kids in the 80's decide to head to an abandoned and cursed theme park only to find a bunch of odd, foul mouthed puppets with celebrity voices are lurking about killing folk. I'm not even joking about the celebrity voices by the way, Tim Curry voices the clown (who isn't ginger, more a glowing eyed fish creature) we also get sean young, Brad Dourif and Lance Henrikson providing voices!
Ginger Clown is a f&*%$g odd film to say the least. Tonally it feels like some cheap kids film. It's incredibly juvenile throughout, however, theres loads of swearing and violence as well. Its sort of like a late 80's early to mid 90's full moon picture made by people who are smoking the finest LSD laced Hashish know to humanity. I paid 99p for it in a charity shop, glad I did