Thread: Comic Books
View Single Post
Old 25th February 2015, 10:26 PM
Cult Addict

I have returned with a new haul of comic books! Up this week....
2000AD Prog 1919 celebrates 38 years of the might anthology. It also signles my 5th year as a reader of the fold. Ah, what Zarjaz time’s i’ve had. Anyway, this weeks Judge Dredd has a great panel of Dredd ice picking Judge Death with a piece of shattered bone. Yucky stuff.
Zorro/Django #4 looks to be another rollocking good western high-fantasy with plenty of action and superb art courtesy of Esteve Polls. One of my favourite titles in my current pull lust as it doesn’t chew on the crossover fodder and just goes for a Two Guns type afair by bringing two western heroes trying to achieve a mutual goal.
Cyber Force #11 kicks off the third arc. I got caught up on a digital sale not long ago after having read the first volume sometime ago. A massivly enjoyable series with some real highquality sci-fi. Meanwhile Doctor Who 12th Doctor #5 looks continue what has been a fantastically fun series and a fine pairing with the 11th Doctor title. Still haven’t read either of the 9th or 10th Doctor Titan comics though….
Weekly Shonen Jump #13 gives us Cyborg Roggy and it was…..pretty damn good. Even if the opening chapter did remind me of the first chapter of Fist of the North Star with added glam. So thats good. Plus One-Punch Man returns and has a guarantied chapter next week (!!!!!!!). As I mentioned last week, all the regilar weeklys are on fire.
Assassinations Classroom vol.2 continues the ever entertaining misadventures of Koro-Sensei and the class of 3-E. I hugely enjoyed the first volume even if the art did leave a little ti be desired. I think a large part of the appeal come’s from Koro-Sensei himself, whose such a wonderfully colourful character and represents everything I love about strips like this.
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 1 Phantom Blood vol.1 (GAAASP!) Finally lands in English for the first time this week and it’s a beautiful collection with colour pages, new artwork on the cover, and interview with Araki in the back. Being a hardback omnibus, this collects the first volume and a half of the original collections (ending with Dio killing George Joestar and donning the vampire mask). The only negative I can give is that their isn’t a cover gallery like their was for the similar All You Need is Kill collection, as I really love Araki’s covers.

DVD and BD collection