View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2015, 05:28 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Does anyone remember the original trailer they made for Dead Island? With the small family in a hotel room? All done in reverse and slowed down? It was brilliant and if the game had kept that sort of vibe with characters that you could invest in. A father trying to get his family to safety or something along those lines. I also didn't get the Dead Rising games. Brilliant premise ruined by silly humour for me.
I can't think of a really good zombie game since Resident Evil 4.
The first trailer of Dead Island really did give the wrong message about the game that was to follow. I have to say i LOVE Dead Rising and Dead Rising 3 i could not get into Dead Rising 2 for some reason. The more you play Dead Rising you uncover a very dark story behind all the humour. Left 4 Dead games are fantastic and Undead Nightmare was also a brilliant zombie add on for Red Dead Redemption. The problem is that zombies are popular in the mainstream now so they are put in games to to appeal to that crowd and there is not enough actual taught put into making it a stand out game.