View Single Post
Old 5th March 2015, 07:57 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
DEAD LIKE ME. Recently watched the two series of this and the follow up film. The story follows an 18 year old woman who is killed by the toilet seat of a returning space station and rather than dying becomes a grim reaper. I really enjoyed this foul mouthed comedy drama which is basically a coming of age story of a dead person however the real stand out moments are those that deal with the woman's family grief. These scenes are painful to watch as her mum is such an unsympathetic character struggling with her pain and the fallout from her daughter's death as the family unit falls apart.
I don't think I saw all five series of Dead Like Me, but really enjoyed what I saw. I know most people look at it and think 'what if' Bryan Fuller hadn't left the show so early as he has a unique and fascinating vision which doesn't seem to gel with TV executives, hence why his other really good shows, Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies, were cancelled too early. (I haven't seen any of Hannibal, but intend to.)