View Single Post
Old 11th March 2015, 09:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1964: part 1

False Hare - Bugs' last 'Golden Age' appearance also has a cameo from Foghorn Leghorn.

Ring of Spies - Nice little British spy movie based on the Portland spy ring case from the late 50s early 60's. Starring Bernard Lee as a disgruntled civil servant who is blackmailed into passing secrets to the other side.

Fail Safe - A nuclear thriller, no musical score, no special effects and plenty of stock footage and it still made a good picture!

Mothra vs Godzilla - Godzilla returns to battle Mothra in the first film that would pit the titular monster against other monsters from other productions. In the States and the UK it was called Godzilla vs The Thing.

The Bargee - Harry H Corbett takes a break from Steptoe and Son to play a Bargee, (also written by Galton & Simpson) who plys the canal waterways in the dying days of the industry.

The Last Man on Earth - A low budget version of Richard Matheson's 'I Am Legend'. Let down for me by the 'zombie' horde.

Roustabout - Elvis 'nuff said'

The Pawnbroker - Condemned by the Legion of Decency this mainstream US movie was the first picture to be given a Production Code seal that also showed naked breasts. The codes restrictive nature was now weakened.

Dr Strangelove - I've no doubt this is a classic but it really did nothing for me!

My Fair Lady - Classic musical that is perhaps a little overlong! "I Could have danced alnight" Well maybe if it was 45 minutes shorter!

The Tomb of Ligeia - Slow....boring...expected more...Liked the multicoloured candles though!

Now excuse me I'm off to wash the pots!