View Single Post
Old 5th April 2015, 05:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The island of Dr Moreau

Not as good as I thought it would be all a little slow paced 5/10

The abominable Dr Phibes

A classic with some great imaginative kills, black comedy and price on great form even though we hardly hear his distinctive voice. 8.5/10

Lifeforce

A personally favourite never going to be considered a classic but that doesn't stop it being a lot of fun. 9/10

Rabid

First time viewing of this Cronenberg movie. Really enjoyed this and can see how this was the prototype for a lot of his later work, nice transfer with some great looking extras.9/10

Bogey man

First time I watched this a few months ago wasn't to impressed but this time I really enjoyed it. A great job has been done by 88 films on this movie and can't see it looking any better. 7/10

Slaughterhouse

Went into this with very low expectations but ended up enjoy it for what it was a poor mans Texas chainsaw masscure wannabe. Found the opening titles with the music (that would not be out of place in a carry on movie)and the pigs being slaughtered a little unnerving. 6.5/10

Incredible melting

To be honest it's a little slow and not much happens, but it's enjoyable enough thanks to Rick bakers special effects . 7/10

Planet of the apes

A classic and the blu Ray looks really nice, also seems to have a load of extras that I can't remember being on the old boxset I had. 10/10

Esacape to witch mountain ( original)

Years since I have seen this. Enjoyable Sunday afternoon viewing. 7.5/10

The haunted palace

An adaptation of lovecrafts the case of charles Dexter ward. Very atmospheric and creepy with great turns from price, Chaney and the rest of the cast. Shame corman didn't do more lovecraft. Will have to read the story again to see how accurate it is.9.5/10

Noticed a film called the Virgin witch on Netflix which sounds intresting, is it worth a watch?

Last edited by trebor8273; 5th April 2015 at 05:59 PM.