View Single Post
Old 10th April 2015, 12:21 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It'd be interesting to see how many people could now make a case for 'The Babadook'.

I actually watched it the other night and honestly was left a little disappointed. Well, 'disappointed' is probably the wrong word to use as I didn't really have very high expectations going in other than that I knew it was getting quite a bit of acclaim on here as well as other places.

It was certainly a well-made film in many respects, but I feel the script and in particular some of the acting let it down. Despite it being quite short (I was actually surprised to see a high profile modern film clock in under two hours!!) it still felt a little overlong and drawn out in places. I didn't dislike it though, and on balance there was probably more positive aspects than negative... it's just that I couldn't ignore the negative.

My favourite Aussie film remains Picnic at Hanging Rock... Bad Boy Bubby would be a close second though.
Still got this to watch but each time I get it out to view, I think nah and put it back.