View Single Post
Old 11th April 2015, 07:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't know any of them but i hope you review them for us.
Ok Dem, you asked for it

Wither- a Swedish film more evil dead than the awful dead remake. I enjoyed it a nice bit of gore. Imagine going to pub to see a tribute act of your favourite band not expecting much but been pleasantly surprised at how much the singers sound alike.

Sanitarium- set in an asylum ran by Malcolm McDowell, the film focuses on three of the patients stories. Robert Englund is in it fleetingly and Lou Diamonds Phillips acts his little heart out. The film is quite melancholic and takes itself seriously despite a creepshow style comic over the end credits. Well acted and produced but ultimately a one watch wonder.

Reaper- The warnings were on the cover, bad photoshop of Danny Trejo and Vinnie Jones as grim reapers. a lack lustre tale of an escaped cult leader who survives the electric chair and becomes a cloaked electric slasher , Jake Busey pops up for 5 minutes and Sadly Jones and Trejo dont have any screen together despite the blurb's claims. Well at least I dont think they did as i got bored and fast fowarded quite a bit near the end.

Shadow walkers- the review on the box claims it's project x meets Donnie Darko and since I dont want to give too much plot away I kind of agree. three friends go to a party in a rich kid's house but a meteor hits electric cables causing time warp wierdness. I enjoyed this one.

So I'd reccomend wither and shadow walkers