View Single Post
Old 13th April 2015, 10:07 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Massacre at Central High (1976)

A high school transfer student, pushed to the edge by a trio of brutal bullies, resorts to murder to reclaim the school from oppression, and later turns against the students wanting to fill the vacuum of their oppressors.

Well this one threw me a curve ball. Here i was expecting a slasher/horror film and what we actually get is a precursor to films such as Heathers, Jawbreaker and in some respects Mean Girls.

The film lacks any gore whatsoever and the majority of deaths are from explosions as the film takes a turn into Death Wish territory around the half way mark. The film is lively enough but lacks the zippy dialogue or memorable characters that the high school thrillers mentioned above give us. What it does give us is a group of characters all deeply flawed all seemingly desperate to get to the top of the tree in the high school and enforce their will on their subjects. Oddly i barely recall seeing one teacher outside of an actual classroom.

The dvd from 23rd Century is a vhs rip but has a more than watchable picture quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 208946-1020-a.jpg (86.0 KB, 1 views)