View Single Post
Old 13th October 2009, 07:18 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
That's more or less exactly how i expect BF to be and whereas i like many 'so-bad-it's-good' horror films i just have no desire to sit through this or any other H.G. Lewis effort.
No personal problem with the man i just tend to lump him in with the likes of Andy Milligan, Al Adamson and Ted V. Mikels as 'filmmakers' whose work i know would be a waste of my time watching never mind buying on DVD.

Also, because i'm not too fussed on '60s horror in general i think this mindset may be influencing my opinion and i may be possibly prejudiced against the sort of ancient, no-budget American snoozers that BF seems to represent.
No offence to fans of the film or any of the aforementioned directors but i'm afraid that's how i feel.

Dear me!

"Blood Feast" is great fun! And, aside from that obscure as hell Japanese flick, it is indeed the wellspring from which full blooded gore did flow.
Iconic, historic, and fun.

Afraid I have to bite back if my Mr Milligan is trashed!
Milligan is a marvel!
A true warped original, even when he's remaking himself.
Even when technically he's awful and all around him is damned to disaster he manages to create something grotesquely fascinating. A true, pure, Grindhouse God.

And a fascinating and ****ed up guy as well...The book about him, "The Ghastly One", is utterly essential reading for any Exploitation/Grindhouse fan.

Big question....Which version is this? The 'Unrated' print I assume?
As the 'R' print is completely unwatchable as literally everything has been censored.