View Single Post
Old 16th April 2015, 10:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The Signal - (Won this dvd from Cult Labs recently)
A bunch of mates hack into various government agencies but are constantly chased by a user called 'Nomad' no matter how fast these guys manage to hack a place 'Nomad' is waiting and usually with a photo of them on thier laptops doing the hacking... well 'Nomad' gives them coordinates and tells them to meet him/her and things go a little wrong. they meet at a house at night time, the house is very much like the house in 'The blair witch' it's dark and the two male friends go into the home only to hear thier third friend (the girl) scream, they race through the darkness to get back to the car just in time to see her body fly vertically up into the night sky...

The three actors are young but can act, i blooming ditest young actors that have no idea that acting is more that a symetrical face, orange skin and a well maintained phisique. but these guys do a great job, the movie is matched very nicly with a super stylish soundtrack, it reminded me of a band called the antlers, sort of classical music but modern in style, very nice indeed, then laurence fishburne turns up and makes the movie double in awesomeness.

in short the film is about aliens, our three have been abducted and wake up in quarenteen, fishburne is a detective trying to work out where they have been but all is not what it seems. are they on earth and in quarenteen or are they still with little green men pretending to be agents?

Watch this movie is you enjoy sci-fi along the lines of The Maze Runners and the Hunger Games. Nothing major here folks but even hardened Sci-Fi film fans may not see the twist at the end of this flick. highly reccomended for a sunday afternoon watch.

The Great Outdoors (Netflix UK)
I love John Candy and don;t mind Dan Aykroid so i thought this would be a good flick but man i was wrong. Terrible editing and a deperate attempt to condense a john hughes style story arc and a lampoons comedy into one film. it doesn't work at all. Candy goes on a vacation to find his brother-in-law (Aykroid) has followed him, uninvited of course. Candy bites his lip and puts up with the terrible disaterous events that his brohter-in-law puts him thourgh untill the pay of at the end of the film when candy tells him where to stick it. mean while a tedious and sometimes risky love story 'of sorts' begins between the oldes son and a town girl. it seem massily innapropriate and some of the situations they have the young actress in are questionalble in todays society.

avoid it, Candy has better to offer and the film is dull and sometimes offensive.