View Single Post
Old 29th April 2015, 09:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I think he made a few very god films that had plot twists built into them, i will never forget how the hair stood up on my neck during the scene in 'the sixth sense' when Bruce turns up the volume on th tape casette recording of the guy speaking with the ghosts in the room with him... I also enjoyed Signs and i thought with better casting 'The happening' could have been an okay film. i didn;t care for unbreakable, good idea but nothing i'm really to fussed about and that lady in the water film baffled me so i tuned out. finally i really enjoyed the Village.

Here is my issue... I have seen Derren Brown live on stage a few times now and at the start of his show, during the intervaland when you leave he will say 'Please DON'T tell your friends about the show because it will ruin the suprise' Now we don;t go in droves to say Derren is a one trick pony because he does the same show and it has the same twist because we enjoy his work and what good can come from stopping the magician from earning a living? so i don;t think M Night is a one trick pony, i think he became the victim of his own success... it became popular to let your mates know the twists in the films and any future release of his films only started the debate on what the twist would be... and now he is a joke of sorts but still trying to make films... it's sad to see because IF we respected him in his infancy of film making like we respect an entertainer like Derren Brown then maybe he would have had enough confidence to keep writing good films like the sixth sense? who knows? So i can;t hate him or say he is a hack but also i don;t think he is a master of cinema with a golden pen for writing amazing films... he is just okay like most film makers we all like...