View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2015, 09:32 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
As awful as this film is, I have a strange soft spot for it. If that's the right phrase. It's shamelessly repetitive, just going from kill to bear breasted kill with no attempt at anything that might dignify it at even the most perfunctory genre trash pot boiling level... all with no synched sound! I mean, there's definitely worse around, but it teeters excitingly on the verge of non-film. I like how all the misogyny is sort of cancelled by the end, which features a feminist tramp killer? Did I make that up? It's been years since I saw it. Maybe I should get it out again? Maybe not. You did it for me! Cheers.
No, you didn't make it up - the skid row slasher is indeed a female tramp killer. I like how even the simplest attempts at attention to detail are nullified in this one when in one scene the slashers' blade is dripping with blood even though she is yet to stab her victim. It does have an odd charm to it though in many respects, plus as you state any misogynistic undertones are all but put to rest by the end in a seemingly 'get out' clause for the events which preceded it. Not many films of this era could boast the same!