View Single Post
Old 6th May 2015, 07:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If the agreement is that Arrow cannot put the extras on the disc then they shouldn't. Surely Calum and the high rising folk would have a clear case of breach of contract?

As for the rights issues, well this was always going to be messy. It's one of the reasons I had a hard time understanding WHY Arrow were looking at doing it. Still, given the full James White restoration on Arrows release its going to be interesting to see how code reds compares.
Well lawyers are expensive and therein is the problem!

We have an email from Alex Agran dated 18th November 2014 stating that we need to sort out a payment to us for Mark of the Devil so that the USA edition is the same as the UK one. He mentions that he will honour our desire to have no further use of High Rising extras outwith the UK in future. We didn't want to do this on Mark of the Devil as it was launching a USA branch of Arrow that we were not going to be involved with. However we did agree in the end and as a testament to Alex we were paid quite well for the use of our stuff.

I don't understand the current situation with Pit Stop - we didn't want to leave a company we loved and doted over for six years on bad terms. Alex was once a very good and valued friend of ours. However the writing was on the wall for us, our services were no longer wanted or needed and we did the honourable thing by moving on with our lives. Exactly why Arrow still wants our material - the materials of two people they decided should not be involved with their expansion into the USA anyway - is puzzling to us. In light of our email from Alex, which was courteous and honest in regards to not using our materials moving forward, it just stings that little more. It is a breach of what we agreed upon. End of.

Whining on social forums is the last thing I want to do so this will be my likely last word on this. I thank everyone for their support whilst being quietly disgusted at the armchair experts who seem knowledgeable about my affairs despite not knowing me from Adam.