View Single Post
Old 18th October 2009, 10:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSix View Post
Is the 'From Crystal Lake to Manhattan' box set any good/worth a buy? Does it have much in the way of extras or am I better off just going for the region 1 deluxe editions? I was only looking into getting the region 2 re-releases as apparently they are on sale in-store in HMV for £3 each.

Also, where is the cheapest place to buy the region 1 deluxe editions?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.
Well i'm a big F13 fan so i would say buy both the FCLTM box set and deluxe eds.
I think the former may have some extras over the latter but i'm not 100% sure as it's been years since i watched the box set.
Imo both editions are worth owning if you're really into the exploits of Jason Voorhees. But then again i'm a bit of a completist!

I think the R2 sp. ed. of part 2 is the same as the U.S. DVD (in terms of version and extras) but i would avoid the U.K. release of part 3 as it lacks the 3D print of the film present in both the R1 Blu-Ray and DVD editions. The later sequels are also no-frills fiascos in British stores whereas the American equivalents boast fresh sets of bonus material.

I would probably recommend grabbing the R2 DVDs of the original F13 and it's immediate follow-up. But definitely stick with R1 for the recent deluxe ed. of the first F13 and all subsequent entries after part 2. They may cost more than £3 but they're better releases.

I tend to buy my fave terror titles online from the usual suspects (Amazon, Play, Ebay etc.). After all the DVDs you want are only a mouse click away!

Hope this helps.