View Single Post
Old 14th May 2015, 11:45 PM
Cult Addict

Mad Max Fury Road.

Mad Max fury Road possibly ranks as one of the most bat-shit insane Hollywood projects I've seen in a long, long while. My first response to a Mad Max reboot was utter horror. This was then tempered somewhat by hearing George Miller was involved. Then the trailers came out and I was intrigued.

Thankfully the film mostly lives up to the trailers, filling the film with demented post apocalypse death cultists, Hugh Keays-Byrne (toecutter from the original) as a demented warlord called Immortan Joe and a one armed Charlize Theron sporting a shaved head and cyber arm as a character named Imperator Furiosa who nicks Joe's wives from his prime breeding stock. Max, who has been captured by Joes War boys to be used as a walking blood bank escapes and tries to help Furiosa escape. This leads into a film that can be best described as a 2 hour car chase with insane stunt work and plenty of violence.

The film is frankly f^&%$ beautiful to look at, some parts are genuine works of art, the films score will lodge itself in the brain and refuse to leave and for the most part all is good aside from Tom Hardys ludicrous accent and the occasional CGI-shot which is jarring in a film that is mostly shot practically.

The film is a riot. Weirdly it even manages to include some gender politics and redemption between the car chases and violence so actually manages to say something about the war-like masculine destructive cultures and attitudes that lead to global destruction.

But then you can ignore the deep shit and just enjoy.

Its not a perfect movie, and Hardy does grate in places but overall you really do need to see this... really.

It even has a souped up monster truck devoted to a flame-thrower guitar solosit and some drums to give immortum Joe a soundtrack... seriously... see it!