View Single Post
Old 20th May 2015, 07:39 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Loved Ones

Had heard some great things about The Loved Ones for ages but never got around to watching and when I hear such high praise I usually wait until it all dies down before watching a film to avoid getting caught up in the hype. Finally got around to watching it a couple of weeks back and everything I had heard was true it is a great film.

First off there is fantastic practical effects and pretty inventive scenes of torture on the poor guy all because he had a girlfriend and could go to the dance with the uncool quite girl. The relationship between father and daughter was quite creepy once or twice a step away from incest. Many times throughout I said AW CHRIST out loud watching some of the more painful acts of torture. The Loved Ones is acted really well especially Lola the crazy bitch was outstanding many times I just wanted her to be punched in the face to shut here up she did exactly what you want from such a character she got under my skin.

I highly recommend The Loved Ones it's not just about torture there is much more to this film there is loss alienation and self self loathing.

8/10