View Single Post
Old 21st May 2015, 08:47 AM
Active Cultist

Made my order on Camera Obscura's La Corta Notte delle Bambole di Vetro (aka Short Night of Glass Dolls) because I think the Aldo Lado film is quite effective and haunting social commentary.However, Camera Obscura had this to say about the transfer on their facebook page: "...it's not comparable with our previous HD transfers.One reason for this is that Aldo Lado shot the film very soft to create a dreamlike atmosphere (...).The second, real problem was that the negative was extremely destroyed -- which is something we would never have thought possible, and if it wouldn't have been Short Night, we might not even have bought the license.(...) About half the material was moldy.In short, we basically had to take the whole film apart and put it back together in order to get a presentable result.(...) I think the result came out as very watchable, though!"
This is too bad, but I'm certainly happy they made the effort for restoration.Maybe I'll comment more on this topic when the disc arrives, if anyone's interested that is.