View Single Post
Old 29th May 2015, 06:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I too rather liked World War Z. I held off watching it for ages due to the critics.
I had the very same experience with this film mate, i avoided it for ages, then my other half popped it on netflix and we actually enjoyed it quite a bit.
Bradly pitts isn't our go to guy for leading role in films but he lead this film quite well and didn;t stink up the place like i thought Tom Cruise did in those 'mission not impossible when you hire Tom' films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
CANNIBAL FEROX – Not very often that I revert back to the old 'classics', but I haven't had much cash to spare on new titles recently and the larder is empty. I approach this kind of stuff with trepidation – let's face it, most of the former DPP hotties look a bit stale these days. And my abiding memory of 'Cannibal Ferox' was that it was boring, but sometimes gory or sleazy. Having seen it just now I won't run a mile from that judgement.
I still have my CannibalFerox Vipco VHS mate and i agree the film does have certain qualities that make it appealing. I was thinking after reading your post that i also think maybe a brand new transfer would take something away from the film? i think film makers back then must have taken into account that not every detail would be visible on tape so they maybe let s*it slide that they wouldn't do i f they made films with today's cameras.

great review mate.