View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 11:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1965: part 2

Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill! - More Russ Meyer bosomania!

Obchod na korze - (The Shop on Main street) Winner of the Academy Award for Best Foreign Picture (1965)

The Greatest Story Ever Told - A biblical epic from George Stevens with just about everyone from Hollywood in it including John Wayne as the Roman Centurion who would utter the now infamous line "Truly this maaan was the sarn of Gawd!" This was also Claude Rains last film. Although its a bit more 'realistic' the earlier 'King of Kings' is a better movie.

For a Few Dollars More - The sequel to 'A Fistful of Dollars' and for me the better of the two, Lee Van Cleef also stars and does an equally good job as Eastwood.

Doctor Zhivago - Considered a classic but for me it was a three hour bore fest! Nice music, nice cinematography but ultimatley dull.

The Defilers - A somewhat unpleasant film thats the opposite of a 'nudie-cutie', this R. Lee Frost film has plenty of nudity but also features kidnap, rape and beatings and spankings.

The War Lord - Turgid historical affair featuring Charlton Heston in a bowl haircut as a norman lord who decides to enact a case of 'primae noctis' and then decides to keep the girl thus causing his vassals to mutiny.

Carry on Cowboy - Number 11 in the franchise, not too bad. Charles Hawtrey's line when his indian braves are getting killed off during an attack had me laughing "Umpa, stickitty jumpa...Bloody quick!"

Life at the Top - The first sequal to 1959's BAFTA winning 'Room at the Top'. It went on to spawn a TV series that lasted 23 episodes (two seasons) before the story of Joe Lampton's rise from his working class roots came to an end with a second sequal.

Major Dundee - Another Charlton Heston picture, this time a western from Sam Peckinpah.

And now I begin 1966. The year with the most movies in my list (30) including a massive 8 hour () Russian subtitled version of War and Peace!