View Single Post
Old 9th June 2015, 01:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I'm feeling bad for the guys at 88 Films, I'm pretty sure that they're trying their best to release films that look good, pretty sure that they're not trying to make a quick buck, which in the the Horror BD spectrum I'm not sure there is a lot of money to be made. They are getting a lot of flack from the forums, admittedly bluray.com who seem to take it as a personal attack that Night Train Murders doesn't look like a meticulously restored Ozu film!!

I'm in it for the movies, and as long as it doesn't look like a fuzzy smudge on the screen, as the oft cited Tenebre disc was, I'm happy. So far I'm pleased with the Italian Collection for what it is and I'm looking forward to Spasmo and Zombie Holocaust coming out and also Zombie Flesh Eaters 2, but out of perverse curiosity as I've never seen it haha.

The Slasher series has been great as well, these are not run of the mill catalogue titles and if it wasn't for the handful of labels out there doing their best then we wouldn't have them at all.

1st World problems I guess!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky