View Single Post
Old 10th June 2015, 11:23 PM
Cult Addict

We are still here

we are still here.jpg

A couple grieving the death of their teenage son head out to there new house in New England. Little do they realise that every 30 years or so, the house "wakes up" and demands a sacrifice. Worse still, not only do they have to contend with the malicious spirits that inhabit the house they also must content with the locals who protect the houses dark secret.

This is a real little gem of a find that turned up this evening on my mates TV box and is definitely getting bought as soon as I can secure a copy. It starts out as a real slow burner with a tone that's close to films like A horrible way to die or house of the devil before switching gears in the third act to become something closer to the splatter and ferocious energy of a film like Evil dead

Best of all the central characters feel like real people and are not the generic teen protagonists there to screw and drink beer. Barbara crampton plays the grieving mother brilliantly and really owns the film. Larry Fessenden and Lisa Marie turn up as the couples ageing hippy friends who realise something is wrong.

While the film isn't perfect (no film is) I really dug this film a lot. It really brings something fresh to the haunted house genre and is well worth a go.