View Single Post
Old 27th June 2015, 11:56 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This is a bit of a follow on from a discussion on another thread, but I started watching Orange Is the New Black last night, intending to watch the third season, but watched the first two episodes of the first season by mistake. I was surprised that everything was very familiar, but put it down to having recently read the book – there are lines of dialogue and scenario straight from Piper Kerman's memoir – but decided to stay with it and watch the three series in one go.

As I said in a different thread, there are additions to the show which aren't in the book, probably to create more dramatic attention and make the other inmates more rounded characters – Red's back story being an early example – otherwise the show would be like the book, largely about Piper and the penal system in the US.

I was left needing something to watch because I finished the seventh (and final) season of Mad Men that night, and thought it was a brilliant piece of television, which stayed at a consistently high level throughout all seven seasons and didn't disappoint at all en route to a memorable, and very satisfying final episode.