View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:58 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

Escape from New York

As f******g cool as it ever was, Kurt Russell is the epitome of cool badass as Snake Plissken in the sci-fi flick set in the far flung future of 1997. For the people who have not seen this (and shame on you!) Manhatten Island has been turned into a giant penal colony surrounded by walls. Air force one crashed within the city and the president is captured. The police offer snake a pardon in order to rescue the pres and put two time release explosives in his neck to make sure he doesn't do a runner.

The countdown gives the film a real sense of urgency and the scenes of ruined Manhatten and the cannibal tribes living in the sewers are pretty creepy however the film also has a great sense of humour, throughout the film people keep meeting snake who know who he is and keep saying "I thought you were dead". The film also has Ernest Borgnine as Cabby, Harry Dean Stanton as Brain, Adrienne Barbeau as his lady and pre-scientology Issac Hayes as Chef.

Still one of my personal favorites.
I too watched this again last night. It's also a personal favourite of mine. So much so that each time i watch it it makes me want to buy Escape from LA again to give it another go as this films brilliance means it can't be as bad as memory serves can it?

Despite Snake and his laconic coolness, Maggie's cleavage almost steals the film.