View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1966 - part 1:

Batman the Movie - starring Adam West and Burt Ward as the dynamic duo who come up against four of their most (in)famous adversaries, Riddler, Joker, Catwoman and Penguin. Filmed in between seasons 1 and 2 of the cult TV series this is just about as cheesey as it gets! Its all here, Bat-Shark repellant, Bat-Copter, Bat-Boat, Bat-this and Bat-that.

Gammera the Invincible - Another Japanese man in a rubber suit movie, only this one gets his own theme song! Most of these Kaiju movies are pretty formulaic.

Paradise Hawaiian Style - Another Elvis movie, this one also stars James Shigeta and a child actress, Donna Butterworth, who really was gunning for a Hollywood contract by being sooooo cute and sweet (sarcasm), that my teeth almost fell out.....and with me having to pay for dental treatment!

The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery - The final St Trinians movie until 1980, Frankie Howerd, and Reg Varney take on the schoolgirls in a not particulary funny instalment.

The Sand Pebbles - A Steve McQueen historical epic directed by Robert Wise this was the film he really wanted to do but because it was prooving to be a difficult project he mollified the studio by agreeing to direct the previous years 'The Sound of Music'.

Khartoum - Chuck Heston does another historical epic, not bad, way better than the previous years 'The Warlord'.

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold - OK I admit it I made a boo-boo regarding this one....Its actually 1965. Even grittier that Harry Palmer and a BAFTA Best British Picture winner. Burton also won BAFTA Best British Actor.

Doctor in Clover - The sixth and penultimate in the franchise. Dirk Bogarde has gone again and Leslie Phillips returns, (although as a different character). Alexandra Bastedo has an uncredited part as a nurse at a party.

Django - Franco Nero as the gunslinger in Sergio Corbucci's spaghetti western. Has a great score and also has that opening theme song used in Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'.....That songs going to be playing in my head for days!

Funeral in Berlin - The second 'Harry Palmer' picture in the franchise...Ipcress was better.