Thread: UK rights?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2008, 03:40 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Cannibal Holocaust is something of a favourite with me, sorry.
No need to apologise, its an absolute masterpiece and one of my all time favourite films, which I think should only be seen uncut.

Salo's good too. As for the fogging issue raised on this thread: I used to have a fair few Japanese films that suffered optical censoring/fogging etc. and I find it really irritating. I can't really see the point in Shamless releasing cut versions of cannibal flicks, as the uncut versions are readily available. Sure it will please some folks who don't like to see animal violence, but then again they'd lose out to the purists who wouldn't buy a cut film, and those who aren't offended by such scenes, not to mention those who already have a uncut copy from elsewhere...then again, there are a lot of casual buyers who'd know no difference....still, seems a bit pointless when there are titles like 'Night of the Demon', 'Mardi Gras Massacre' and lots of cult Euro rarities etc. etc. they could release uncut, which haven't been released anywhere else, catching the attention of the rabid fans and the casual buyers.

Last edited by Someone Weird; 1st May 2008 at 04:04 AM.