View Single Post
Old 21st July 2015, 07:06 AM
Cult Addict

Week off, wet weather, not going to see ant man until 8 so I gave these a watch....

A haunting at silver falls.

A teenage girl loses both parents and heads to the small town of silver falls to live with her aunt and uncle. Out in the woods one night she ends up with a ring on her finger that she can't get off and visions of a dead girl that seem tied in with a series of local deaths.
This one can be filed under 'slow burner'. Its a cheapie that went straight to supermarket shelves. People who love that sort of trash might end up disappointed that it isn't sleazier or weirder. That said, once you get past the initial let down that it isn't going to be straight up exploitation its actually got a decent story and acting. Its no classic but I managed to watch it until the end and didn't feel cheated out of the 50p it cost me. Make of that what you will.

Paranormal insanity.

The popularity of Paranormal Activity has produces a slew of cash ins and knock-offs that can be found in bargain bins everywhere. Paranormal entity (which actually managed four films, though some are retitles.) Paranormal Ascendancy, Paranormal incident and this one here.
Unlike some of the others this isn't found footage, a handful of students are in dilapidated dorms and one of them thinks she saw a ghost. The creepy bloke she has a crush on has actual video evidence of the ghost but wont show anyone else because....reasons. So, to prove she's not mad the teens have a seance which brings back both the ghost of the dead girl she's been seeing, plus the serial killing Janitor sentenced to death for her killing.
This ones vastly unoriginal as one might expect but weirdly watch-able. I made it to the end and actually didn't feel cheated. I should add though that I started watching these films with the lowest of expectations.

Cowboys & Zombies.

A bounty hunter heads off to find an Indian accused of the rape and murder of a white girl. On the way there he buys a girl to use as bait and heads off into the wilderness. Unbeknownst to him, a group of local prospectors have found something odd which kicks off a zombie plague.
Considering the only town nearby appears to be one tiny street made of plywood there are an awful lot of zombies but as stupid as that is at least it makes things somewhat unoriginal. Like the other two its junk, but also strangely watch-able.