View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:31 PM
Cult Addict

Thanks Nos, compared to some of the chaps here, yourself, Mr Teardrop in particular, what i type reads as gibberish.
Last night i watched Hammers Hound of the Baskervilles for the first time.
A brilliant take on Conan Doyles story and a new favourite Hammer, making great use of its sets mixed with the odd location shot to evoke one of their most atmospheric films.
We all know Cushing is a brilliant actor and he tackles the part of Sherlock Holmes effortlessly but it was Christopher Lee who stood out for me with a wonderful turn as Sir Henry Baskerville. Lee could do pompous intimidating aristocratic types in his sleep but here he brings a subtle innocence, a vulnerability to the role, something i hadn't seen from him before. Andre Morrel is also on top form as Sherlocks right hand man Dr.Watson lending the role a quiet gravitas a world away from comic versions of the character.
I must admit that the transfer on Arrows blu doesn't look as good as their usual output to me but that said its still good.
I got through a few of the extras last night too but will have to rewatch them as it was well past two in the morning and scotch had had its wicked way with me...😊