View Single Post
Old 5th August 2015, 11:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Most of my recent viewing have been revisits of titles I've had in my collection a while. Despite an ever growing pile of unwatched/new arrivals.

I revisited some giallo's, Fulci's Lizard In a Woman's Skin which I watched when the dvd was released then never got round to watching again until now.

I liked it first time but enjoyed and appreciated in much mpre this time. Although as a general rule of thumb I am not a huge fan of Florinda Bolkin.

I can't put my finger on it but I just can't warm to her. the film however stands as one of fulci's finest works IMHO.

All The Colours of the Dark,The Killer Must Kill Again both also got a revisit.

I class both of these amongst my favourite top 10 giallos. and watching the Shriek show & Mondo Macabro Releases again were great fun. However the audio on both for the English dubs are muffled & poor at times.

I hope both eventually get a blu release they would be day one purchases for me.

I watched 3 Jeff Liberman films as well. Just Before Dawn (Code Red Blu), Remote control (Limited Blu) and Blue Sunshine (AWE DVD) all 3 are fantastic. Sadly Squirm doesn't do it for me the way the forementioned 3 do. So I never bothered to revisit that one.

It's not a bad film but it doesn't bring to the table the fun (For Me) the other 3 of his films do.