Thread: Exposure Cinema
View Single Post
Old 8th August 2015, 07:58 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Exposure licensed four films which they teased back in 2013, presumably they thought they were getting beautiful HD transfers which of course they didn't. They struggled to get Stagefright to release so they sub licensed or sold the rights to Zombi Holocaust and Burial Ground to 88. No one ever worked out what the fourth title was though so they could possibly release it yet.

The main problem was they released their edition two weeks before Blue Underground did, by the time the Exposure edition was in the shops reviews had already appeared for the Blue Underground edition. What are cult film fans going to trust a well know respected label or a tiny UK indie?
A fair point. Especially given the precarious nature of the quality of Italian titles transfer wise. Personally I would prefer to chance a smaller UK indie label, the sleeve art was a big factor in my decision to go with the exposure release as was the extras and after checking out my friends bu release I feel my decision was the right one. Basically I do feel smaller labels need to be given a chance otherwise we may end up relying too much on U.S & European releases.