Thread: Saw VI (2009)
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2009, 04:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I thought the first "Saw" was OK - skilfully done, drew you in, good idea...

The second film was far less pleasing being shot in an appallingly flashy style, the plot was relatedd in a rather patronising manner and characterisation was clumsily handled - all the signs of a duff director. However, it was a decent basic idea and the script was solid enough with some inventive traps and such. There was also a bravura performance by Shawnee Smith which counted for a lot. So it was watchable and passed the time OK.

The other night, I finally saw "Saw III" on TV. What a load of tosh! None of the stylistics excesses of "Saw II" had been improved, indeed they were worse and more distracting, the story was rubbish, the dialogue clanged like a spanner in a lift shaft and even Shawnee was hammy and unconvincing. I actually felt insulted by the film and its makers and could not enjoy anything about it. Utter rubbish IMO.

You can guess that I don't really have any interest in seeing any of the other "Saw" films! The franchise died with "Saw III" for me, and it is a shame that it is still being flogged instead of some Hollywood money being put into developing new ideas.

*grumble...grumble* Sequels! Remakes *grumble...moan...grumble*