Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

FRIDAY THE 13TH

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
I'm not sure if I've even seen the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street reboots/remake/reimaginings and, if I have, I can't remember a single thing about them.

I think watching them and trying to take them on their own merits (or lack thereof) without a passing thought to be original is a momentous, and worthy, task, and something I'll try and do either before I resume university or at some point in the winter when the evenings are dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
No Nos i haven't read the book. Can't say i didn't enjoy the film completely either. Just that it felt a mess. And quite the opposite to you it felt every bit its running time and then some. And then didn't even have a proper ending. The tone was quite uneven too with some bits seeming quite silly and corny (anything with Doogie Howser in).
I think I understand what you mean. However, because the film is told from the perspective of two different people, switching from one to the other halfway through, the tone is bound to be uneven, emphasising the point that you really don't know who you can trust – are either of them really telling the truth about what happened? – and I felt the ending was appropriate to the actions (and inactions) of the two principles.