View Single Post
Old 29th August 2015, 09:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Im exactly same years ago tonnes of films interested you. Or you missed out on loads of good films. Now around 3/4 films a year grab my interest. Rest i watch either by word of mouth on forums. Or just for sake of it.
Imo they dont make good horrors anymore to me its all about controversy pushing boundries. Outdoing each other, as much as films like grotesque. Slaughter vomit dolls, new guinea pig and old one, AU trilogy are just a few, Are raved about with horror fans, not everyone is into these i dont mind violence gore etc but finding more and more films are getting like the mentioned above. What happened to good old fashioned horror. That you didnt have to really relie on gore violence etc etc., twisted nerve, omen, halloween, tcm peeping tom are just a few. Again also there was horrors that were in them days gory but in comparison now tame. Fri 13th, burning, exorcist, basket case, etc etc. Also imo there isnt many horror masters around anymore that dont do normal horror without trying the extreme value, like carpenter, romero, Hitchcock, cronenberg, Argento are just a few to name. We need more like them now and go back to the good old fashioned way of horror. Atmosphere, suspense, gore without going ott or being more or less on every scene. I could go on, not saying im right or wrong just my opinion. Or now they just trying to cash in on constant sequels and shite remakes. My mum was watching Hitcher remake problem i find with michael bay films is he thinks as long as their loads of crash bang wallop action then the film a hit and ok. Well its NOT how about putting some thought into the actual film itself. Not just horrors any film really i watched vanishing point, thats how a film should be made that doesnt have much in it its plain simple and basic and is made and directed well.
I think there's about three films this year I had enough fun with to want on Blu - Kingsman, the new Terminator, and the new Mission Impossible. That's about it, basically...