View Single Post
Old 6th September 2015, 08:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Dog Soldiers

Excellent Brit Horror,slightly predictable at times but doesn't spoil the ride. My first visit with this but it won't be my last. 9/10

Shocker.

The Late Great Wes Craven (I still can't get over that Wes Craven can't die!) brought us this in 1989. Walter Skinner from the X files takes time out from demanding David Duchovny Explains himself to dress up as a giant satsuma and kill people,when finally executed for his crimes Skinner sorry "Horace Pinker" pinker really? hops from body to body trying to take pot shots at the son of a victim of his who won't drop it. Pinker has a bad leg but hey it don't matter because he can hop and have fun in parks & with JCB's. Fun film which takes Nightmare on Elm street & injects it with some kind of opium. 7/10

What the Peeper saw.

Britt Ekland likes taking her clothes off for Oliver (Mark Lester) and kissing him passionately (please miss can I have some more) in a controversial film of mind games and perversion with a nasty ending involving some dulux fire engine red & matcbox toy on steroids. slow at times but speeds up (sorry) at the end. 7/10

The Sender

Olive have done a beautiful transfer of this 1982 underrated Gem. Sadly it's barebones couldn't even be bothered with a traditional trailer which is a shame. Even vipco did trailers! even if they were the same ones in the wrong ratio. Anyway a guy trys to commit suicide rather unconvincingly by filling up his jacket with rocks on a crowded Beach then walking into the water,he clearly genuinely wanted to die with an audience just shy of a night at the apollo. Enter Dr Farmer who deals with John Doe who makes her his "play dough" by sending telepathic messages to her as well as odd apparitions including a cool couple of scenes involving glass & blood. A Very enjoyable film which was a pleasure to revisit in HD! 8/10

Nail Gun Massacre

Some inaudible alien dressing up as a commando with an unusually large crash helmet roams around firing nail guns at anyone insight & following up their demise with a cheesy wisecrack,throw in a chainsaw which removes a hand when it fell in the opposite direction,a sheriff with the IQ of a crushed wasp & a very bizarre motive & killer & you have yourselves a fun but uneventful 82 Minutes. 4/10

Blastfighter

A Mish mash of Italian films with the soundtracks from at least 3 other italian Films. Not sure what to say really it made little sense but it wasn't bad. 5/10