View Single Post
Old 21st September 2015, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Totaly agree im like that in the last 15yrs or so not many films have grabbed my interest yes there some good films out there but you have dig deep to find them, unless youre a real movie buff/geek i havent a clue who half of the actors are. Years ago i use to enjoy going to the cinema now im struggling to find anything to make me go, few films i fancy but not enought to go and watch, that sometimes im going just for the sake of it or someone i know fancies it.
In 80/90 there was so many good and decent films you just didnt know where to start now i find so many films dont interest me i just dont know what to watch. Hence unless you know exactly what you want to watch you can spend a hr on likes of netflix etc end up watching something you seen before or nothing
The level of film making now is where it got to have to have big budgets, big names, loads of action, crash bang wallop style, cgi list is endless film trying to outdo each other, but forget one thing a realy good story if you want good horror and good stories etc then you need to watch j horrors or foreign films and the best and decent films get pushed into the background, you have to be into films to find them come across them by looking, research reading word of mouth, if you just someone who watches films just because the are there then all you ever see is the Hollywood style or films that shoved in youre face. Unless someone recommends them to you. I got few friends who claim their into films and yes they have knowledge of actors and big collection but mention something like troma or battle royal /basket case/last house on left / and they never heard of them and then just say thats because you watch shit films that nobodys interested in WRONG . No its not its because they only watch whats being pushed upfront and thats prime eg of what im getting at. Or they arent real film fans just film collectors there a difference
I watched neds few days ago to me thats how a film should be doesnt relie to much on violence etc, average budget with no real names and its character building with realistic and believabke characters. Well scripted made directed and at a lot of times realistic that fits in to how society is without going overboard. No matter how much or many films you like from past 10yrs or so most collectors buffs etc will always resort to films from eg 70/80/90 or even earlier, We dont have many horror directors like in years ago, wes craven Argento, Cronenberg, Fulci, etc etc todays horror just want to either outdo each other in the violence gore or controversial stakes, or they are tonned down to much to apeal for wider audience of ages from teanagers up. I not saying im right but just my personal opinion.

Last edited by gag; 21st September 2015 at 11:00 PM.