Old 22nd September 2015, 08:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Ive got loads of friends like this!

"What shite films you been watching these days?"

Never heard of it = must be shite.

Some of them humour me to a point but they won't give anything I put on a chance, and they'll start rolling their eyes and huffing at the opening credits while scanning the room for approval, then they talk all the way through.

Then there's the other people I know who say the The Shawshank Redemption is their favourite film and the best film ever made *hands down*. Call me a snob but I generally don't try to talk to the Shawshank people about movies!
Each to their own i have some knowledge of films but i have a bad memory and forget who stars in what and at same time to be honest ive gave up in learning who's who in films. But i should know more tho.
But i know exactly what you mean. Most of people i know dont even have a clue that a lot of the films they watch are remakes or wont give subtitle film a look.
Like stated can mention to them lots of famous films and they are baffled or not interested because its not main stream. And like you said as well they just look at you and complain why would i want to shit films, yes there that shit that still being talked about and collected 30years later while half of todays well known films are forgotten about in less than 5yrs.