View Single Post
Old 25th September 2015, 05:23 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've just watched a preview version of The Life, Legacy and Legend of Don Borchers (the documentary which will be on the Children of the Corn set). It's a comprehensive look at the career (so far) of someone about whom I knew very little with some illuminating and occasionally very funny stories about films he had a hand in making in his various roles, whether it's as an accountant, producer or director. The contributions from people he worked with are very honest, so punches aren't pulled just because it's a documentary about him – Corey Feldman is very honest about Meatballs 4, for example.

Jim Kunz has done a really good job with directing and conducting the interviews (they were organised by by Calum Waddell, who conceived, developed and co-produced the documentary), and Naomi Holwill did her usual fantastic job with editing about 15 hours of footage down to make an 84 minute documentary. It's going to be a terrific addition to the set (even though the Children of the Corn part is only one segment) of a thorough look at a fantastic character and hugely influential producer.

Actually, if it was the feature length documentary about Don Borchers and Children of the Corn, it wouldn't be half as interesting or entertaining – the highlight for me was about another film altogether!

Sounds good. Can't wait to see it on the blu-ray.