View Single Post
Old 4th October 2015, 11:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Feature-Length Doctor Who Specials Only for 2016?

Of course the viewing numbers are currently down - it's being shown opposite the Rugby World Cup!
My feeling is that the ratings will go up towards the end of this series, but it won't be enough to save the shows 13 - part series for next year. The BBC probably will move Doctor Who into a TV movie length format for series 10 which seems inevitable. Things are looking rather dire all round for Doctor Who at the moment. I also see that Capaldi may be leaving next year too, though it is just rumours, but you have to ask ?why? did he take on the job in the first place, if only to leave next year. He's being paid well like all major actor's under contract to the BBC. And there's possible talk of a female Doctor taking Capaldi's position or another younger actor like Matt Smith taking on the role. Considering the BBC is making £60 + million from worldwide sales of Dr Who from various countries like America where Dr Who has hit pay dirt for BBC Worldwide and BBC America etc... I just cannot see why the BBC just doesn't carry on with a 13-part run next year. The BBC as a corporation isn't short of money, and Dr Who is just a dip in the ocean as a programme. Maybe the BBC should move Doctor Who to Sunday evenings as an experiment, but I doubt that would ever happen.