View Single Post
Old 8th October 2015, 11:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I finished watching Firefly for the first time yesterday, as a Whedon fan I was very curious about the show and how it's held in such great esteem with fans and critics alike. For the first few episodes I couldn't quite grasp what all the fuss was about but it wasn't until episode 5, 'Safe' that I had realised I was well and truly sucked into the 'Verse.

Each episode just got better until number 14, 'Objects in Space' it just ended... I had read books about Joss Whedon in the past but it had slipped my mind that they were given no warning about cancellation and it wasn't until I watched the gag reel that I remembered, the title card came up and it said (i'm paraphrasing) "This gag reel was edited together to be shown at the Firefly Christmas party, that turned out to be the wrap party just nobody knew it".

Over the Christmas/New Year break after they had finished up for the year Joss was given the call that Firefly had been pulled and he had to tell the cast and crew not to come back to work in January!

I'll be watching Serenity at some point in the next week or so
It was a great series! For months after I had seen the full series I was going around calling everything "Shiney" use to annoy the wife!