View Single Post
Old 11th October 2015, 01:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I was passing through London with work on Friday and decided to stay overnight to see a couple of films at the London Film Festival.

Elstree 1976 is a documentary that explores the impact that the filming of Starwars had on the lives of 10 of the films "extras" (including David Prowse). A really interesting film, a lotto fun and, surprising considering how much has been written and said, with something new to add to the Starwars discussion.

Being Evel dealt with slightly different subject matter, the life and times of Evel Knievel. Evel, a childhood hero of mine. The film does a particularly good job of disassembling his reputation. It turns out he was a pretty nasty piece of work.

Assassination my final film before I headed to Heathrow for my flight home was this Korean "men on a mission" film set during the Japanese occupation. Its a great piece of action cinema following a small team of independence fighters who are sent on a suicide mission. Great fun and very reminiscent of classic WW2 films (although the soundtrack owes a lot to Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds).