View Single Post
Old 13th October 2015, 07:15 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I'll put Marebito and Kwaidan up the top of the list, with Uzumaki and Pulse not far after.
I have heard about the GYO anime, but for some reason just forgot about it, but should watch it. As for Tomie, I wasn't the biggest fan of the original stories, so maybe I'll give the first one or two a go if I can and see how they go.
I have a lot of Sion Sono and Shinya Tsukumoto films on my watch list, so should probably just work through those at some point. Didn't know Suicide Club has a sequel, will follow that up after watching the first

I used to be massive into Japanese cinema, but it kind of fell away a bit with my final year of school due to not having much time to watch movies, so I wasn't getting too many. However thanks to Arrow's recent Japanese releases, I've found a new interest in them.
I got into the subject courtesy of Tartans asia extreme label. That Tomie set was £2.97 when I bought it, they are loose adaptations and some of them pretty decent.

I would also add any Takeshi miike (including Gozu, visior Q ect) Onibaba and Kuroneko.